November 16, 2017
Yonge + St. Clair Toy Drive
This year we are partnering with CHUM FM for their annual CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish program which has become one of the largest distributors of toys to children in need in the Greater Toronto Area. In 2016 the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish in conjunction with Toronto Social Services assisted approximately 300,000 people in need through toy and financial support.
From December 4th-15th you can bring any toy donations in the form of new, unwrapped toys for newborns to kids 18 years of age to the main lobby of either 30, 40, 55, 1 and 2 St. Clair W, as well as 1, 2 and 21 St. Clair E. And with your help, we hope to bring the magic of the holidays to those in need of assistance this holiday season.
Children in the age groups below are sometimes difficult to shop for and often overlooked by donors. Please use these helpful tips to help give a kid a Christmas.
Infants & Babies:
– Age appropriate by the manufacturer’s age rating (0 – 6 months) and (3 months+) are in highest demand
– No ‘button’ eyes or noses – features must be soft and sewn on securely
– Package should say ‘Infant Friendly’ or ‘Baby’s First’, ‘Infantino’, etc.
– Developmental toys (Fisher Price, Baby Einstein, Playskool, Leap Frog Baby)
– No small parts
Children Ages 10 to 18 Years Old:
– Gift cards in the $25-$30 value range would be best (Hudson’s Bay, Wal-Mart, HMV, Cineplex, Gap, Stitches, Chapters, Coles, Old Navy, Garage, Blue Notes, La Senza, etc.)
– Electronic games, age-appropriate board games
– Sports equipment (soccer, basketball, football, hockey, skateboards, scooters, etc.)
– Roller blades, ice skates, snow boards
– Bicycle helmets
– Cosmetics (age appropriate: 16 – 18 years old)
– Personal care and grooming gift packs
– Hair products and accessories (curling irons, blow dryers, shavers, beard groomers, etc.)
– Diaries, journals
– Creative and craft supplies
– Purses, knapsacks/backpacks
Thank You For Giving A Kid A Christmas