February 27, 2018
Call for Artists: Earth Month Temporary Public Art Installation
Call for Artists
Earth Month Temporary Public Art Installation
5pm, March 9th, 2018
Yonge + St. Clair is seeking proposals for a temporary public art installation that will animate the lobby of 2 St. Clair W in the Yonge + St. Clair community. Yonge + St. Clair welcomes photographers, designers, visual artists, sculptors, performing artists, and others to submit proposals of all mediums. Yonge + St. Clair is seeking unique environmentally-conscious projects of all forms that celebrates Earth Month. Proposals that welcome visitor interaction/participation are encouraged.
Yonge + St. Clair will select one artist to exhibit their work in the lobby of 2 St. Clair West. The completed work will be exhibited to the public for the last two weeks in April 2018 – starting April 16th.
Artists will receive a $3,500 grant (includes the cost of supplies/materials) to support their installation and are encouraged to use recycled goods.
• Ability for the work to engage all audiences and the general public with elements of design and sustainability
• Projects relevance to Earth Month
• Use of reused/salvaged goods and materials
• Originality (large scale installations are encouraged)
This program is only open to artists in the Toronto and Greater Toronto Area.
Site & Audience
Applicants are encouraged to visit the location and learn about the history and context of the location and neighbourhood. Artworks will be on display free of charge to visitors. Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm & Earth Day: Sunday, April 22, 2018.
March 9, 2018 – Proposals Due
March 14, 2018 – Artist is selected
March 14, 2018 – Production period begins
April 16, 2018 – Installation prior to
1. Cover Letter: including your name, telephone number, email, project title, and 100-word summary of the proposed project.
2. Proposal and Budget: renderings/sketches of the proposed project with a detailed description of the project’s relevance to Earth Month.
3. Current Resume: include prior relevant education, work experience, exhibition history, and awards.
* To be delivered via DropBox or USB drive to email@example.com // Subject line: Earth Month 2018 Submission
2 St. Clair W Lobby
Previous Installation: #ohdeer for Toronto Design Offsite Festival