Yonge + St. Clair
May 12, 2022
We’re Hiring! Apply today!
The Yonge + St. Clair BIA is on the search for a new Executive Director.
Are you interested in marketing and events, city building and contributing to the unique urban landscape of Toronto? Then please review the below posting and send in your application today!
Reporting to the Yonge + St. Clair Board of Management through the Chair of the Board, the Executive Director is responsible for helping to develop and successfully execute the Yonge + St. Clair BIA’s strategic plan. This includes acting upon the motions of the board and of the advisement of the BIA Chair.
This position plays a critical role in developing the BIA and in driving community
initiatives, streetscape and economic development improvements, execution of programs, event and project management, customer service, communications and stakeholder relations, all in support of the BIA Board of Management.
I. Manage/support governance of the BIA
a. Handle/oversee all matters related to governance of the BIA – set meetings, prepare agendas, distribute minutes for monthly board meetings and regular committee meetings, implement internal controls as directed by the board
b. Work with board and committees to develop and execute a strategic plan, budgets and work plans
c. Manage annual budget, develop regular financial reports, support with reporting financials to the board
d. Prepare agenda alongside Chair, attend meetings, and act on the decisions made by board’s sub-committees.
e. Organize & attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
f. Attending appropriate TABIA meetings and seek out other relative networking events as a representative of the Yonge + St. Clair BIA.
g. Liaise with City of Toronto personnel with respect to soliciting their help and advice on capital and marketing issues.
II. Oversee BIA Office
a. Act as the contact person and spokesperson for the BIA – answer telephone and email inquiries, and follow up/advance as required
b. Develop and then maintain weekly/ monthly internal and external communication items
a. Liaise with BIA membership and various stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis
b. Engaging in business and community outreach relevant to the strategic plan.
IV. Develop and Execute Public Relations
a. Research, develop and recommend public relations plans and programs including media coverage; and direct, coordinate and monitor execution of approved plans and programs.
b. Creates and distributes internal/ external public relations materials
c. Writing and distribute press releases, information and news alerts
V. Marketing/ Events
a. Along with the direction of the Marketing/ Events Committee, explore new initiatives that help promote the Yonge + St. Clair neighbourhood.
b. Plan, promote and execute Yonge + St. Clair signature events, as well as facilitate participation with city wide events.
c. Liaise with City of Toronto to ensure all proper permits have been submitted and event guidelines are being followed
d. Engage local business owners and BIA members to participate in the various events and marketing opportunities
VI. Streetscape and Involvement in Capital Projects
a. Along with the direction of the Streetscape Committee, submit any capital cost share requests on a yearly basis.
b. Execute requests and vision set out by Streetscape Committee
c. Liase with City of Toronto to roll out streetscape initiatives brought forward by committee
b. Implement continue to develop the BIA’s Streetscape Beautification and Maintenance program working closely the associated stakeholders.
c. Prepare and recommend positions and actions on issues affecting the BIA.
– University degree in one or more of the following: Commerce, Urban Planning, Business, Government Relations or experience in similar fields.
– Progressive management experience either in an applicable business field, non-profit or municipal-focused organization.
– BIA Experience considered an asset
– Proven track record for implementing change and successfully carrying out initiatives
– Knowledge of leadership and management principles
– Experience dealing with municipal government
– Professional experience working with small businesses
– Experience with budgeting and financial reporting (considered an asset)
– Experience organizing large scale public events preferred
– Professional experience in digital and/or traditional marketing
– Experience in social media marketing and communications
– Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
– Strong communication, administration, organizational and time management skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint etc.)
Salary $75,000- $85,000 commensurate on experience
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, May 27th at 5:00pm. No phone calls please.