Yonge + St. Clair
May 9, 2023
Now Hiring! Coordinator at the BIA
The Yonge + St. Clair BIA is on the search for a new BIA Coordinator.
Are you interested in marketing and events, city building and contributing to the unique urban landscape of Toronto? Then please review the below posting and send in your application today!
Yonge + St. Clair Business Improvement Area
Application Deadline: Friday, May 26, 2023 at 5:00 pm EST
Salary: $22-$24/hour commensurate with experience
Term: Part-time, 24 hours/week, 1-year contract
We are looking for a passionate, creative Coordinator who can join our team in a startup-style
environment to help our emerging Business Improvement Area (BIA) thrive! You will become an
integral part of our organization to help us in our efforts to communicate with our members and
with the public, and to organize creative events and activations for the community. This is a
great opportunity for someone who’s passionate about marketing and looking to begin their
The Yonge + St. Clair BIA was formed in 2018 and is currently Toronto’s newest BIA. The
organization exists to drive community initiatives, plan streetscape and economic development
improvements, and execute local programs and events for the over 450 businesses and over
14,000 employees in the district.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Coordinator will support the successful execution of
marketing initiatives, together with the planning, organization, and implementation of event
Working with the Director of Operations, you’ll work closely together on organizing events and
cultural programming including the planning of new murals, art installations, holiday activations,
event partnerships, and more. Digital marketing through social media channels, blog posts, web
updates, and newsletter creation will be an important focus, and your ability to generate content
and effectively schedule this media will be critical.
You’ll also be exposed to internal and external stakeholders, including presentations to the
Board of Directors and associated Committees, working with local stakeholder groups, liaising
with arts and cultural organizations, supporting sponsorship generation, and securing and
maintaining press relationships.
You’ll have flexibility with your hours but will be required to achieve a minimum standard of work
each week together with the operation of ongoing marketing and events activities. In addition,
some events may require evening or weekend hours which will be communicated well in
advance and planned accordingly.
● Producing a content calendar for all digital social media channels (Instagram, Facebook,
● Developing content for regular blog articles on our website (yongestclair.ca)
● Generating and monitoring results for paid advertising campaigns through social
channels and traditional media outlets
● Utilizing Mailchimp for the creation of both member and public-facing newsletters on a
● Interfacing with the local business community for ongoing marketing efforts
● Maintaining and updating the membership database and directory on our website
● Designing for print and digital collateral
● Creating presentations to the Board and outside stakeholders
● Attending and taking minutes at all Board and Committee meetings
● Managing and owning special projects as assigned
● Working alongside consultants on marketing and events activities
● Supporting the development of schedules, retaining consultants, maintaining budgets,
and executing on ongoing BIA-led events and partnerships
Required Skills and Qualifications
● Post-secondary degree in communications, marketing, digital media, event planning or
or other relevant training
● Familiarity with digital communication and design software including CRM (Mailchimp),
social media scheduling, Adobe Suite, Canva and WordPress
● Proficiency in Google Workspace
● Ability to work with budgets, source vendors and suppliers, and lead event teams
● Strong communication and personal skills.
● You know how to effectively build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Extremely organized with a results-oriented mindset
Submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Coordinator + (Your Full Name)” to
email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm EST on Friday, May 26, 2023.