March 16, 2023
Sweets in the Streets: Easter
This Easter Saturday April 8 from 1PM – 4PM, enjoy a free, neighbourhood-wide easter candy hunt taking place across select local storefronts.
Visit the 12+ participating locations to pick up festive candy and explore the neighbourhood with your family and friends. The locations will be revealed when you pick up the event map on event day from the lobby of 55 St. Clair Avenue West. The Easter Bunny will be there to greet you and event helpers will answer any of your questions.
Fun and festive for the whole family, this public holiday event is FREE and supports the discovery of Yonge + St. Clair businesses during the holiday weekend.
To sign up for Sweets in the Streets:
+ Register on the Facebook event page for April 8, 2023: https://www.facebook.com/events/198068606187136
+ Choose Your Timeslot. (We recommend one registration for each child in your household): Register Your Timeslot.
+ Please note that this event has a limit of 200 registered guests. To fully register you must complete both steps above. Timeslots are mandatory to ensure a smooth flow of visitors. Please release your timeslot if you intend to cancel within the email you receive.
Event Day Instructions:
+ On Saturday April 8, 2023 arrive at your registered timeslot between 1PM – 4PM to 55 St. Clair West and sign in at at the event booth. Your name will be matched to the guestlist to confirm your sign-up and timeslot.
+ Receive a map and treat bag to collect your treats. Please note that the treats will be prominently displayed in-store and monitored by store employees. Present your map and bag to claim your treats.
+ Before you explore the neighbourhood, be sure to say hi and take a photo with the Easter Bunny!
+ Say hello to the shopkeepers, show your map, and please remember to only visit each store once to ensure all other participating families and easter explorers have fun too!
- What is the candy being handed out? It is all packaged candy from brands you would find at your local grocery store.
- How much candy can I get from each location? Just like Halloween trick or treating, we advise that all guests receive only the prepackaged items per location to allow everyone else to have fun during their visit.
- A store was closed when I arrived. Some businesses only operate for a limited time during Saturday but are happy to welcome you as guests within their operating hours. As a volunteer collaboration between businesses and the BIA, the hours of participating locations are listed above.
- A store has run out of treats, what now? The event has taken into consideration the number of participants through the registration process and will provide enough to hand out. However, if a store is out of candy please try the next location as sometimes unforeseen circumstances may result in different candy stock. Each store location will also help manage giveaway quantity to ensure everyone gets to have fun.
- I’m attending and have food allergies. Please note that although the event will be avoiding handing out anything containing nuts or allergens, it is at your discretion to properly review the ingredients before consuming