Yonge + St. Clair
November 1, 2021
The BIA is seeking new Board Members!
The Yonge + St. Clair Business Improvement Area (BIA) is inviting applications by interested BIA members to fill vacant Board of Management positions!
Board Members are critical parts of our organization’s success and oversee and manage the BIA’s annual levy and service delivery. You’ll play a key role in supporting our neighbourhood alongside a diverse group of local business owners, property owners, and tenants.
Applicants must be business tenant or the owner of a commercial property within the Yonge + St. Clair BIA boundaries.
A description of a BIA Board Member’s board responsibilities and expectations is provided below.
Interested applicants: please send an email including your name, the company/property you represent in the BIA, a little information about yourself, and why you want to get involved with the BIA to email@example.com
BIA BOARD OF MANAGEMENT – ROLE OVERVIEW
– Volunteer position
– Attend monthly Board Meetings, approximately 1 hour in length
– Approximately 2 – 4 hours of additional time commitment per month
– Be available for occasional communications with BIA staff
– Act on the behalf of the Yonge + St. Clair BIA and our membership though strategic decision-making with your fellow Board Members at Board Meetings
– Support BIA organizational operations and service delivery
– Provide oversight and accountability on behalf of the BIA membership
– Review monthly Board packages prepared by BIA Staff which include information relevant for decision-making
– Support BIA staff with leadership and insight
Applicable Skills / Assets
– Strategic thinking
– People management
– Legal / Risk management
– Knowledge of the Yonge + St. Clair Community